Amazon

Friday, October 17, 2014

Daily School Report 10/17/14

Dylan

Dylan had a great morning today in ABA therapy. He's been really bouncy and extremely happy lately with more and more sounds coming out, Today after school he turned to his little sister who was gibbering in her own toddler language and when she stopped it sounded like he said "what?" and then ran off to his room lightening fast.  I can feel it coming, his speech, I feel like for in the first time we might actually overcome this communication barrier between us and its awesome. I can even imagine what its going to be like to ask him a question and actually receive a spoken answer. Its overwhelming to even think about.

 Today at school Dylan did the following according to the daily objectives send home sheet sent by his teacher.
  • Imitated action with a toy. Pushing the top of a toy to make the balls spin.
  • Completed fine motor activity.
  • Sat for 5 minutes at group without adult assistance.
  • Worked on age appropriate table activity with a lot of hand over hand.
 His daily classroom actives were
  • Play skills 
  • Gross motor
  • Fine motor
  • Language Arts
  • Snack 
  • Morning work
  • computer activity
  • Walk
  • Sensory activity
  • Calendar
  • Lunch
Teacher made comment the Dylan had a great day, was in a happy mood all day. He had took a nap on the way to school and was happy when he woke up.He tried some apple sauce from his sippy cup twice and held a cheese puff but did not eat it.

This is actual the first time I have heard from his teacher that he took a nap on the bus ride. Its about an hour and 15 minute ride from here to school and all I have ever heard was he would scream all most the entire time. I think falling asleep on the bus is progress to him adjusting to it, hes starting to feel comfy there :)


Jasmine

I got her Friday folder, which is a folder with all the weeks work grade inside of it. Nothing in there was lower then 85%. Very good week for her. I think this is the first time I didn't get sent home a paper saying late on it. So proud of her. I'm still going to go to that meeting with her teacher to find ideas on how to get through the bad times with her. When she refusing and I'm giving it my all to get her to do it I'm at a loss and need help. Thankfully this weekend she has a break from homework, Its been steady every night since the first day of school. I think both me and her needed a break from it.

We had a melt down today with her anxieties she so excited it was Friday she just wanted to go play but we had things to do and she was worried it would become dark  and she would run out of time. So she went into "prepper mode" but with not enough time to prep. She asked about every question where we going and then and then trying to put it all together in her head, she just past out and went to sleep. When I got back thankfully she had forgotten all about it because had she not, oh man we would have had a round 2 of the same situation.


Today was a great day for both kids at school, they been giving it there all lately and its paying off :) 
Sorry to have this coming out so late, Fridays are always hectic for us all.

Next Report on Monday,
Until then,
~Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I love them :)