Amazon

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Daily school report 10 / 29 / 14


Dylan


This mornings ABA therapy went well, Dylan took 4 sips a chocolate pudding during his feeding program. And he didn't seem to have as much trouble today with occupational therapy. I on the other hand went to get him up and actually fall asleep on his bed. I've been sleeping fine but I started taking melatonin again. I think I had one of those melatonin hangovers. I thought it was cute because Dylan laid back on me and it was kind of like cuddling but he was just using me as a pillow. Lol. I'm a little worried because there isn't going to be any ABA therapy until Tuesday next week. I think 5 days without ABA therapy is going to throw him off not to mention on Friday we're all going to be dressed like monsters. Cute monsters, no masks but instead of going to school on Friday alone on the bus, me, my mom and Sofia will be going with him to his Halloween party in my van. He just doesn't take well to change. And I get really anxious about what's going to happen. I'm sure it will be fine. Halloween is actually my dad's birthday too, so with Dylan's school party, the actual trick or treating after school, and then seeing my dad after that we have a pretty full day ahead of us. I hope Dylan can make it the whole day.


Today at school Dylan did the following according to the daily objectives send home sheet sent by his teacher.

  • Intimated speech sounds and environmental noises
  • Requested objects with a single picture with open hand cue and 1 prompt for his bottle
  • Completed fine motor activities
  • Sat for 5 minutes at group without adult assistants.
  • Worked on age appropriate table activity for 2 minutes. Hand over hand with a puzzle.
  His daily classroom actives were
  • Play skills
  • Gym class
  • Gross motor
  • Fine motor
  • Language Arts
  • Snack
  • Library
  • Morning work
  • Calendar
  • lunch



Dylans teacher left a note today that his day went great. He does a good job sitting at group in his adaptive chair. His adaptive chair is just like one of those high chairs you set in an actual chair, but without a tray. She also mentioned he did a good job sitting in her assistants lap while she read a book in the library then he looked at books by himself. He used a picture to ask for his bottle at snack and lunch. He sat on the bench in gym with other students during role and walked around during free gym time. Hes been learning about firemen lately :)


Jasmine

Jasmine come home from school today tired again. We kinda had a little argument about homework. She thinks if there's nothing in her homework folder then there's no homework. But spelling and AR reading is a nightly thing. I have to somehow get it in her head that reading is good for her. I remember her saying at that meeting I had with her teacher, when her teacher asked her why she doesn't want to do homework, she just said because I don't think it's good for me. Who would have thought figuring out an 8 year old would be so hard? Sometimes with me and Jasmine it's like we're from totally different planets. We're that mother and daughter that butt heads all the time. What I think is important, I think she thinks it's unimportant just because I think it is. When I was 8 years old I don't remember butting heads with my mom as much as me and Jasmine do. When I was 8 years old I liked school. Maybe it's just this generation is growing up a lot quicker than mine, and considering I had Jasmine when I was 17 years old it really amazes me that we are that much different. I totally get that she's her own person. But she's 8 and she needs my guidance to become the person she is to become as an adult. But what am I supposed to do when she totally throws out every aspect of guidance I throw in her direction? I really don't know that's a toughy.


Thanks for stopping by :)
Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I love them :)