Amazon

Friday, November 7, 2014

Daily school report 11/7/14

Dylan

I must be extremely exhausted or come down with a cold, because today I slept through an alarm that went off at 8:45 AM and didn't wake up to it until 10:30 AM. How I slept through an alarm going off right next to my head, I have no idea. But it certainly happen. Dylan's ABA therapist drove to my house, knocked on my door, and even text me to try to wake me up I heard nothing. The only thing I did hear was Dylan wake up at 10:30 his voice come through the baby monitor and I immediately woke up. But at 10:30 we went into Rush mode again because his bus comes between 1045 and 11. When the bus come, I mentioned to the bus driver what happened and she said well you could have just not sent him to school today. To me that doesn't make sense, school is something Dylan needs and he needs to be in his routine. So for me not to send him to school because I wanted to sleep, the thought just baffles me. I am not at all a morning person, in fact I don't like to wake up before noon on any given day. But we do things that we wouldn't normally want to do for our children. It wouldn't be fair to Dylan, who enjoys going to school, for me to just not send him because of my selfish need to oversleep. I was already upset enough that Dylan's ABA therapist made the trip to my house and I didn't answer the door.  Dylan enjoys ABA therapy, and now because of the holiday on Tuesday Dylan won't see his ABA therapist until Wednesday. I do know that sometimes mothers beat themselves up too much and that's probably what's going on here. But I just don't think it is fair to him.


Today at school Dylan did the following according to the daily objectives send home sheet sent by his teacher. 

1-No Response/hand over hand
2-Multiple prompts (Gestural, physical,visual, and/or verbal)
3-No more then 2 verbal prompts
4-Independent

  • 1 imitate action with body or toys 
  • 1 indicate refusal by pushing away non-preferred objects with an appropriate force 
  • 3 request object with single picture with open hand cue and one prompt 
  • 2 complete fine motor activities 
  • 2 sit for 5 minutes at group without adult assistance 
  • 2 work on age appropriate table activities for 2 minutes 


 His daily classroom actives were
  • Play skills 
  • Gross motor 
  • Fine motor 
  • Language arts 
  • Snack 
  • Morning work 
  • Walk 
  • Sensory activity 
  • Calendar 
  • School store 
  • Lunch 

Dylan's teacher last comments that today was a rough day. Dylan had come into school crying. He was quite upset several times and he had a hard time staying at group as he was crying and screaming so loudly.
 
This was probably due to his mother me waking him up and rushing him 2 days in a row. The routine you have to stick to it with Dylan or it will catch up. Then you start seeing things like this at school or even at home he would be more upset than usual.


Jasmine

Today I got a phone call from Jasmine school counselor. He told me that he got a note that I sent in where I was trying to explain what was going on with jasmine and what her doctor told me. I'm still a bit frazzled about it all and it was probably hard to make sense of what was written. So he just requested that I have the doctor send over to the school written diagnosis all Jasmine's current diagnosis and medication she takes for them. And then he requested that I write another letter just stating that I would like jasmine to be tested in reading and writing for special education. He sounded to me like he also believed that Jasmine is autistic. She told me she's shows a lot of symptoms of having Aspergers disease, which I have been told the Aspergers isn't even on the spectrum anymore by multiple people none of them doctors but all the people had to do with my sons ABA therapy and I'm pretty sure they know our state's regulations on how to classify children with autistic tendencies. To me Aspergers should still be on the spectrum, considering how hard it is for these children to understand social aspects. Jasmine is awkward when it comes to social interaction, she burst out words or sentences that have nothing to do with what others are talking about or she tends to talk about inappropriate things. For instance, whenever jasmine is in public she feels the need to tell all of her friends how cool her parents are and point them out and she gets over excited about it. That may not seem all that weird, but Jasmine pulls it out of nowhere as her friends are talking about other things. She just interrupt them and like pull some towards us. Also she hugs people and it's really inappropriate, like you know when you're coming in for a hug and you know that person really doesn't want to hug and so you stop initiating it. Jasmine doesn't catch on to that cue and still tries to get the hug. Then the other kids just look at her like what are you doing? And she gets made fun of because of that. Or I mention to Jasmine because she was showing signs that puberty was going to come early for her, so I mention about her monthly periods that will happen, I even explain to her that this was private and we shouldn't talked to other people about it, because I kind of knew that she would just go off and think it was okay to tell her friends about it. Well even though I did tell her that it was private she still thought it was cool to talk about it in public, even to complete strangers.
 
Also socially she has very little interest and what other kids are doing. If it doesn't pertain to baby dolls, music, dancing, or YouTube, she doesn't want to do it. Her friends could be over her house playing with all her toys and you find jasmine in a totally different area by herself because she just doesn't find any interest in what the other girls are doing. Now I know that she still wants her friends there and I try to get her to interact with them more while they're here , but it's proving to be a really difficult task. Right now she's having a sleepover with two of her friends who are sisters and they're playing just dance on the xbox one. As long as they keep doing that Jasmine will stay engaged. But say one of the girls wants to go off and watch TV Jasmine doesn't really like to watch TV and so she will think it's OK for her to have guests over and not pay any attention to them.

Anyway Jasmine's going to have a really awesome homework less weekend ahead of her. She was uber excited when she came home because she finished everything in class. First thing she was asking was to go to her friends. It's been difficult trying to explain to Jasmine that days are shorter now, because the Sun here sets at about 5 p.m., by 530 it is completely dark and considering that there are two bars in our town actually its a village and that being the only attraction to want to come to our village, I prefer her to never be out after dark. So when I tell her first we have to go cash your dad's check and run some errands. Then you will be able to go to your friends, by the time we get back to the house she has about 30 minutes before its dark. And that's awful. I knew it was going to happen as soon as she left, I get a phone call asking if her friends can spend the night and of course I said yes because what's two more kids in an already full house , right? 

Well thanks for stopping by 
Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I love them :)