Amazon

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Daily School Report 10/15/14

Dylan

      Dylan and me got to sleep in today! But He hasn't been in school since Thursday of last week and I think we both were so ready for that school bus to come. No ABA in the morning but his Therapist did come after school for an hour and well you could tell he was a little off kinda like "why is she here, now?" Like many of you know he gets into his routines and he likes to keep them just like that. From the sounds of his school report he was a little off there today as well. 

     Today at school Dylan did the following according to the daily objectives send home sheet sent by his teacher.
  • Requested objects with a single picture with open handed cue and 1 prompt.
  • Completed fine motor skills activity.
  • Sat for 5 minutes at group without adult assistants. 
  • Worked on age appropriate table activity for 2 minutes, which happened to be a puzzle, I'm glad there starting to see this in school because a lot of things he does quite often here at home with his ABA therapist he doesn't do with his teacher at school yet. And we can tell them all we want that he does these things but if there not seeing at school well then I don't think they actually believe us. Now they will!
 His daily classroom actives were
  • Play Skills
  • Gym Class
  • Gross Motor
  • Fine Motor
  • Language Arts
  • Library
  • Morning Work
  • Computer Activity ( I have never actually seen this one checked off before and im kinda wondering what kind of activity this is. Not because I'm against him using a computer (we are all nerds here its kinda his destiny :P ) but because I want to know how to use the computer at home to help him too.
  • Arts and Crafts
  • Calender
  • Lunch
      The teacher commented that today was a good day, but he was fussy at times. He cried several times, but they used swinging to calm him and after about 2 minutes each time he was calm and ready to go back to table work.

Jasmine

     Today is Jasmine first day of being un-grounded. 2 weeks ago she brought home about 10 home work assignments that were 2 weeks late and as a punishment she was then grounded for 2 weeks. Her mood I could even see it as she got out of bed this morning, Its like a switch went off in her head "I'm un-grounded now I can start turning off the miss sassy pants attitude I been giving mom."

      I saw some work on her desk that wasn't yet finished in the morning and I asked her why didn't she finish it before bed, she told me she fell asleep. She told me last night tho that it was done. So I told her to finish it right then 6:30 am right out of bed and she didn't even argue with me? She sat right down and started doing it and actually finished and was ready to go on time. I thought this would make her go into panic mode because I get her up at 6:30 but not long after that and her bus comes. She even kissed me and said I love you mama before she left. 

     I made a meeting with her teacher next week to discuss really how to help me get her to do her homework because I been having such a rough time. I think she might have learned a little something about mom though from being grounded and that is that I mean business. She tried almost everyday to ask could she go play and my answer was NO. I think she expected me to give in because I never kept her grounded so long before. But I didn't. Lesson learned I guess. she will see someday its only tough love and I did it all to make her a better person. 

Everything takes time and this to shall pass :)

Thanks for stopping by

~Jessie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I love them :)