Amazon

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Confessions of a Rambunctious Kid - Book Review



I absolutely enjoyed reading every word of this book. Once I started reading I couldn't stop until I was finished! It is such an easy read the author, Jennifer Allison, puts things into perspective so that her readers can understand clearly. Being a mother of a child with sensory processing disorder this book gave me so much hope.

The first thing that intrigues me about this book is that it comes from a first-person perspective. Now you can get ideas on how sensory processing disorder affects families of children with the disorder by reading articles from others such as myself who live with a child suffering from SPD but very rarely do I see a first-hand experience written out so clearly. The first several chapters of this book go into great detail of what it's like to live with a SPD as a young child .  As a parent with a child who suffers greatly from SPD I have always wonder what it was like to be in his shoes. And while I'm sure sensory processing disorder is a spectrum disorder meaning that no two cases are probably alike, I think that they may experience the same fight or flight responses to whatever senses are affected. Jennifer Allison explains exactly what it feels like to be in the body of someone with SPD.


The second thing that I love about this book is how raw the material is. Jennifer Allison does not hold back or try to hide who she is or what she's gone through. She genuinely wants her readers to understand what it's like to be a person living with SPD. Good or bad she takes us all on her journey all the way from birth to mid twenties.

The third thing I love about this book is that it shows what having faith and perseverance can do. Even when Jennifer felt like she was hopeless, she would never give up.

I would recommend this book to everyone! Even if you do not have a child suffering from SPD, Jennifer's journey was more then just her sensory processing disorder and she shows you how to get through difficult situation in everyday life through her own life experiences. Please Please Stop by and check out her website http://jenniferleighallison.com/  she has tons of really useful information on there!

Confessions of a Rambunctious Kid: A Quest for Self-Discovery and the Meaning of Life

Is available on paper back
logo_Amazon
Also available On these E-Readers
logo_Kindlelogo_Nooklogo_iBook

I am so happy to announce that I asked Jennifer Allison to do a question and answer session with me and she accepted! My aim is to see how she could help parents who have children living with this disorder understand their children and the disorder better. I will link the post here when its ready!


Thanks for stopping by:
Jessie


Disclaimer: All words and thoughts written in this post are my own, I wasn't paid to do this post in any form. I purchased the kindle E-Book version of "Confessions of a Rambunctious Kid" And wanted to share my love for this Author and her book with you all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I love them :)