Amazon

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Daily School Report 11 / 19 / 14



Dylan

This morning Dylan woke up early again. It was about 6 a.m., and then he went back to sleep an hour before therapy. I really think Dylan might be going through a growth spurt. He's been sleeping everyday after school too, which isn't normal for him. Usually Dylan can go on about 5 hours of sleep a day, and act like he has slept 12 hours. I was super anxious about today because today was Dylan's first picture day for his first year at school. And knowing my son, I knew taking his picture would not be easy. All I could hope for was that he would face the camera long enough for the photographer to snap the picture. Therapy went well today Dylan seems to be responding better to echoing. Echoing is just when the therapist makes a sound like ba ba and then Dylan will make the sound after. I really can't get over that he requested his bottle at school by saying ba ba. I have been waiting so long for Dylan to start speaking, I even prepared myself for if that never happened. But now that Dylan is making so many more sounds, I'm super hopeful that he will find his voice.




 Today at school Dylan of the following according to the daily objectives send him sheet sent by his teacher.

1-No Response/hand over hand
2-Multiple prompts (Gestural, physical,visual, and/or verbal)
3-No more then 2 verbal prompts
4-Independent

  • 3 imitate action with body or toys , today this was done with a busy box Sesame Street themed.
  • 4 indicate refusal by pushing away non-preferred objects with an appropriate force.
  • 4 request objects with a single picture with open hand cue and one prompt. This was done for his bottle. 
  • 2 complete fine motor activities 
  • 2 sit for 5 minutes at group without adult assistance.
  • 2 work on age appropriate table activity for 2 minutes



His daily classroom activities were
  • Play skills 
  • Gym class, bowling 
  • Gross motor 
  • Fine motor 
  • Language arts 
  • Snack 
  • Morning work 
  • Calendar 
  • Lunch 

Today the teacher made comments today was an OK day. Dylan was fussy when he arrived, he cried for the pictures, but we tried hard and waited it out and on about the 20th try he was not crying and him look towards the camera. No smile, though. He was fussy on and off today. He seemed happier for a. Of time after he had his bottles so maybe he was extra hungry today.

Her mentioning that Dylan seems extra hungry is only more evidence of him having a growth spurt. When Dylan sleeps too long, it usually means he's growing or he's getting sick. Naps are not a normal thing in our day to day. I'm so glad they got him to look at the camera not crying:)

Jasmine

Jasmine got up easy this morning. I was kind of thankful because I have been feeling extremely exhausted. I think it's that winter time has been settling in here in Michigan. It's been snowing for 2 days now, and there's not been much sunlight. Let the blizzards begin!

When she comes home from school, she had a note from the school psychiatrist asking me to fill out formal paperwork for Jasmine to be tested into the special education. It was only a piece of paper that I needed to sign my name on, it was already filled out. I don't know why it makes me so nervous, it also did with Dylan when he was getting tested. It's kind of like this whole test holds my daughter's future of receiving services that could help her. It's probably close to the feeling somebody gets when waiting for a college application. It's really important to me that Jasmine receives any help that she needs in school and as her parent I make it my priority to see that she gets it. They're already letting her receive in classroom help, she has another woman other than her teacher help her to read when she is doing other subjects besides language arts. Which comforts me to know that her teacher is also seeing her struggling. I'm hoping, if Jasmine doesn't qualify for special education that her teacher will still allow for her to receive the extra help in class as she is doing now. She needs it, and maybe with that little extra help she will be able to catch up.

Thanks for stopping by, if you enjoy reading my blogs don't forget to subscribe it's all on the right sidebar at the very top, FacebookTwitterInstagramPinterest, and YouTube . Or you could follow by email :) by entering your email in the MadMimi entry box , emails are only delivered every two days. I do appreciate every single reader!

Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I love them :)