Amazon

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Daily School Report 11 / 18 / 14



Dylan

This morning Dylan got up really early again. And I mean really early! He was up at like 6 a.m. And ready to go, but ended up falling asleep an hour before his ABA therapist showed up. They had a hard time trying to get him up again, but when they did he seem to be fine. Really excited and engaged. Then he left for school, a few hours later I get a phone call from the school nurse saying Dylan is screaming uncontrollably. They weren't really sure what was wrong with him, they were just for saying he was scratching himself and pulling at his clothes. I at the time I was on the phone with her just thought maybe he didn't like the shirt that I put on him. So I told her to try to change his shirt to see if that helps and so she did. I'm not entirely sure if it did help because she didn't call back, school was going to let out soon. When Dylan got home, I could see the reason, he was just extremely exhausted. As soon as he got home, he just flops down in the Lazy Boy and just passed right out.





 Today at school Dylan of the following according to the daily objectives send him sheet sent by his teacher.

1-No Response/hand over hand
2-Multiple prompts (Gestural, physical,visual, and/or verbal)
3-No more then 2 verbal prompts
4-Independent

  • 1 imitate action with body or toys 
  • 4 request objects with single picture with open hands cue and one prompt (for bottle)
  • 2 complete fine motor activities 
  • 2 sit for 5 minutes at group without adult assistance 
  • 2 work on each table activity for 2 minutes
His daily classroom activities were


  • Play skills 
  • Gross motor 
  • Fine motor 
  • Snack 
  • Morning work
  • Sensory activity 
  • Calendar 
  • Math 
  • Lunch 
  • Handwriting program 
Today Dylan's teacher noted that Dylan has a good day up until 2:15 pm, after that he started sneezing non-stop and crying. She thought he didn't feel well.

Jasmine


Me and Jasmine got up really late. She had about 10 minutes before she had leave for the bus, and I was really rushing her. I also got a phone call from her school today, from the psychiatrist on site. She was just asking me questions about Jasmine's disability and how I thought of it. What kinds of things that I saw at home, and wanted to know if I would fill out a formal request to test Jasmine for special education. She said that she would be sending home them papers tomorrow, but that it could take up to a month before Jasmine actually got tested.

When we were talking about Jasmine diagnosis of autism, she seemed really surprised that her normal psychiatrist would diagnose her with that. She was asking me on what grounds did he diagnose her. And all I could tell her was that Jasmine is really socially awkward. She doesn't pick up on social cues, she has lack of eye contact and now she is showing a learning disability. I'm sure her normal doctor will explain it to me more in our next visit, because I will have a lot of questions considering that everybody is questioning me on her diagnosis. I just really don't like looking crazy, and they seem to think that I'm crazy for thinking that my daughter is autistic. I trust her doctor fully, he's been seeing her for 3 years now and then keeping track of her ups and downs from the beginning. But everybody is making me question myself on the diagnosis also. I mean I know from experience with my son Dylan, that everywhere wants their own diagnosis when it comes to autism. So while Jasmine may be diagnosed by her normal psychiatrist, her school psychiatrist will also want to diagnose her. Even if she becomes involved in some other place besides school, like now that I know she has autism and I want to enroll her and ABA therapy to receive help, they too will want their own diagnosis. Autism is so wide of a spectrum disorder that I don't think one doctor will trust any other doctors diagnosis of it. Them being like that though, makes us as parents super confused. Now with Dylan it was easy, everywhere we went and everyone that tested him we're saying the exact same things. With Jasmines, she has so many other things going on, it's kind of like other people besides her normal psychiatrist are trying to make it like he is miss diagnosing her.

I'm rambling a little bit now aren't I? Well my point is I'm confused. The only thing that I know for certain is the Jasmine has a great amount of anxiety, and a learning disability along with her nocturnal seizures. At least until there is more tests done to be sure.

Thanks for stopping by, if you enjoy reading my blogs don't forget to subscribe it's all on the right sidebar at the very top, FacebookTwitterInstagramPinterest, and YouTube . Or you could follow by email :) by entering your email in the MadMimi entry box , emails are only delivered every two days. I do appreciate every single reader!

Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I love them :)