Amazon

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Daily School Report 02/05/15




Today was a stressful day, to say the least, I had a ton of things to get done and it felt like not enough time. We decided that Jasmine would stay home from school because I just didn’t have enough time to run to the school to pick her up. Dylan had ABA today, which he was okay with. He woke up OK, and then didn't have very many fits. He got a little upset by his therapist trying to make him make speech sounds but besides that he seemed fine.

He seemed extremely ready to get to the bus. he needed very little help to get on the bus steps, like as if he was saying, “I got this mom.”

After Dylan got on the bus, Jasmine and I needed to hurry up and get ready to take her to her doctor appointment. At this doctor appointment though I was too talk to her doctor about him seeing me as a patient also. I was super nervous about it, but when we got there the doctor didn’t actually want to talk to me in front of Jasmine. Which I was extremely thankful for, and I scheduled an appointment at a later date. The appointment was a lot quicker than I thought it was going to be, so I was heading home to then take Sofia and Dylan to their doctor appointment. My mom had planned on taking the two toddlers to their appointment, but I figured since I was going to make it in time I would do it myself.

It turns out that Sofia has an ear infection and Dylan has nothing. I mean Dylan does have sinus drainage and a sore throat but nothing serious. He was the one that we were actually more worried about because he has been super cranky lately and having a few rough days at school. So finding out that there was nothing wrong with him was a complete surprise. I kind of figured that he would be the one to have an ear infection or something like that. I did finally discuss with the doctor about Dylans anxieties at school. Now, he prescribed him a blood pressure medicine that is for children with ADHD and told us to go see Dylans neurologist.

We then needed to go to the pharmacy, where I waited a really long time for prescriptions that were never faxed over. There were two prescriptions for antibiotic, one was supposed to be for Dylan and the other for Sofia. Then there was also supposed to be Dylan’s blood pressure medicine. Apparently the only medication that got faxed over was Dylans antibiotic. Dylan wasn’t even really sick like I said he only had sinus drainage and a sore throat. Sofia was the one who had an ear infection and her prescriptions never got faxed over. When the pharmacy tried to call the doctors office it was already closed. So they told me to call the doctor first thing in the morning and see what was up. I know Sofia's ear is really hurting her because she has been whining pretty much all day. She has had a fever off and on. Yesterday I wrote a review on cool n gel cap, when I wrote the review I had mentioned I wasn’t able to test it on an earache now I should be able to test that and let you guys know what I think.

After we drop the kids back off to my mom, we had to go to our appointment at H&R Block. Which did take a really long time. Now my brain is completely fried for the rest of the day, I am done with today. When things get frantic, I kind of act like a chicken with its head cut off. And then when things finally do slow down my brain is just done. Like my body may not be tired but my brain is overworked for today.

*********************************************************************************

Today at school Dylan of the following according to the daily objectives send home sheet sent by his teacher.

1-No Response/hand over hand
2-Multiple prompts (Gestural, physical, visual, and/or verbal)
3-No more than 2 verbal prompts
4-Independent

  • 2/3 Imitate action with body or toys.
  • 1 Imitate speech sounds and environmental noises
  • 1 Indicate refusal by pushing away non-preferred objects with an appropriate force.
  • 2 Request object with a single picture with an open hand cue and 1 prompt
  • 1 Complete fine motor activities
  • 3 Sit for 5 minutes at group without adult assistance
  • 3 Work on age appropriate table activity for 2 minutes


His daily classroom activities were
  • Play skills 
  • Gross Motor
  • Fine motor
  • Snack 
  • Speech
  • Group Speech 
  • Calendar
  • Lunch
  • Handwriting program
Dylans' teacher left comments that today was a rough day. Today was about the same as yesterday except that he slept on the bus today. He is coughing quite a bit, so she thinks he's not feeling well.

I guess we just have to see if his antibiotics help any and get him feeling better.

Well, thanks for stopping by and stop by tomorrow for another daily school report.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I love them :)