Amazon

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Daily School Report 10 / 30 / 14

Dylan

Today we had a bit of a rough morning. Dylan definitely knows when his therapist is supposed to be here. They started this dressing program, in hopes that Dylan would start attempting to help dress himself. I think it's a great program, but I also think that he's kind of used to his therapist dressing him every morning for school. Because he kind of acted like I was the dreaded OT messing with him. But we got through it. I put his shirt on, not all the way just over his head. I kinda gave him prompts to put his arms in, but he doesn't cooperate on that part. That's not even part of the program yet. I just been testing him to see exactly how much he can do on his own. Up until Dylan started school, we definatly treated him like he was a baby. But Dylan's teacher had kind of got on my case about doing everything for him. I'm glad she did because Dylan is capable of a lot more then I had gave him credit for. So I have the shirt on his head and I get his arms through. But I don't pull it down. If Dylan wants his shirt down, he needs to pull it down himself. Even through all of the fussing, he still did it. We made it out the door just in time for the bus to come.



Today at school Dylan did the following according to the daily objectives send home sheet sent by his teacher.
  • Imitated speech sounds and environmental noises
  • Requested Objects with a single picture with open hand cue and 1 prompt.
  • Sat for 5 minutes at group without adult assistants.
  • Worked on age appropriate table activity for 2 minutes.
  His daily classroom actives were
  • Play skills 
  • Gross motor
  • Snack 
  • Morning work
  • Arts and Crafts
  • Calendar
  • Lunch
  • Handwriting program


Dylans teacher made a comment that today was a great day! Dylan was in a very good mood he kept smiling and sat during calendar today. He also said during writing group which was right after calendar and then played in the gross motor area on the slide. I have a feeling, he might have also had a sub teacher today

Jasmine

Today Jasmine had gym class, she told me she needed to go to the office and take a puff of her inhaler. She has exercise induced asthma and overheats easy, I think it's a side effect of some of her medications that have the side effect of weight gain. But then again she did need breathing treatments when she was a baby, so I'm not really sure about that. Every time I ask her doctor, he will say asthma has nothing to do with her medication she takes. She told me she had a substitute teacher, they didn't really do much, at least not like when her normal teacher is there.

I needed to pick her up early from school today because I thought that we had a doctors appointment an hour away. Come to find out we get there and her doctor isn't there. They told me that they cancelled the appointment on September 10th but I never received a phone call or got a letter in the mail. I think from now on when I need to drive that far away from home to go to a doctor, I'm going to be making phone calls before I leave. It's not the first time that it has happen and all the receptionist will say is " O let's see if our system is up to date with your phone number and address." Umm lady, my address nor my phone number has changed in the last 3 years! One time they called me and all I could hear on the other end was ladies talking about candy and deals at Krogers. So I hung up and call them back. I said someone just called me from here talking about candy. Was there a real reason you were calling? They always sound so apologetic, but I'm almost certain they are like sitting there all day twiddling their thumbs and probably sticking stickers to each other's foreheads. Not the best receptionists by far, but her doctor is great and so we keep going there.


No homework tonight because she had a sub. And substitute teachers do not give out homework. She's overly excited about that lol. Also there's no cheer tonight, it kind of bummed her out but I told her there would be an extra day next month when they would make it up, and then she seemed pretty okay with it. 

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I love them :)