Amazon

Monday, November 10, 2014

Daily School Report 11 / 10 / 14

Dylan 

Today me and Dylan woke up super early, so early in fact he woke up with a sister Jasmine was getting ready for school at 6:30 a.m. I don't always think that's a bad thing because if Dylan's awake, I'm awake and we won't be running late. He was up and around and bouncing off the walls, so I figured today would be a good day for Dylan's bath. Boy was I wrong! I figured because we were doing its so early Dylan would have enough time to calm down before the school bus came. Dylan hates bath so much, there was no calming him down after. I tried becoming one with his ABA therapist and OT, by busting out the weighted vest. It seemed work like 2 minutes, after that I tried his bottle. That worked, but only as long as he was drinking it, when it was gone he started up again. I thought about sending a note to school today saying sorry about his attitude but at least he smells great lol. I didn't but I think the teacher would have thought it was funny. After getting him dressed and telling him we're ready to go to the bus I did the morning walk routine. Which seem to calm him some, he wasn't crying when he got on the bus but he didn't look happy.


Today at school Dylan did the following according to the daily objectives send home sheet sent by his teacher. 

1-No Response/hand over hand
2-Multiple prompts (Gestural, physical,visual, and/or verbal)
3-No more then 2 verbal prompts
4-Independent
  • 1 imitate action with body or toys 
  • 3 indicate refusal by pushing away non-preferred objects with an appropriate force 
  • 3 request object with a single picture with open hand cue and 1 prompt
  • 2 complete fine motor activities 
  • 2 sit for 5 minutes at group without adult assistance
  • 2 work on age appropriate table activity for 2 minutes

     His daily classroom actives were
    • Play skills 
    • Gym class 
    • Gross motor 
    • Fine motor 
    • Language arts 
    • Snack 
    • Morning work 
    • Walk 
    • Sensory activity 
    • Calendar 
    • Lunch

    Dylan's teacher made comments today was a good day. Dylan was very loud today with his vocalizations. He sat at group for short periods of time then would cry to get down.


    Jasmine


    I'm not sure what's going on with Jasmine's meds. Lately when she wakes up she's super grouchy and groggy. It could just be that she's adjusting, she has been on her night meds less than one week, and he did change both of them. I'm trying to allow jasmine the opportunity to do things herself such as pick out her own clothes, brush her own hair, and brush her teeth. But it seems like she needs a little more help with those things than a normal 8 year old, I think. Someone from community mental health I'm not sure if it was Dylan's ABA therapist or not but someone that comes here from there once told me but if you use picture schedules for kids with autism they do better. I'm considering doing that with Jasmine, like make a picture schedule and have it in her room first you wake up, then you change into your school clothes, get book bag ready, put your shoes on. And then also making one for the bathroom that says brush your teeth, comb your hair, and wash your face. I did try a chore chart with Jasmine before, but they weren't really chores they were just things like I want to do on the picture schedules, but they were only in words they didn't have picture. And they weren't in the area where they can easily be seen where you need to be doing the task. So I think picture schedules might work better then the chore charts for her.


    Today Jasmine come home telling me that her counselor talk to her today about giving after school tutoring. Usually the counselors call me, they might have I might have missed it. When we turned off cable TV, for some reason they took our voicemail away, I don't know it doesn't make sense to me either. I don't know I just find it odd, but her counselor would talk to her about after school tutoring before he talked to me about it.

    Right now she's a little anxious about her birthday. She's making handmade invitations and taping balloons to them for all the neighborhood kids and her birthday isn't till the end of January lol. Its cool I get it her birthday soon and she's going to be 9, that's really exciting :-) she didn't have any homework tonight except for studying for a test tomorrow in science.

    Thanks for stopping by, if you enjoy reading my blogs don't forget to subscribe it's all on the right sidebar at the very top, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube . Or you could follow by email :) by entering your email in the MadMimi entry box , emails are only delivered every two days. I do appreciate every single reader I have you are the people I've vent to, thanks for being there.
    Jessie

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Leave me a comment, I love them :)