Amazon

Monday, November 17, 2014

Daily School Report 11/17/14




Dylan

 Dylan and I could have slept in today, but we both woke up at around 10 a.m.  Which might not seem that early but I was surprised that we woke up on time considering that we haven't been. I spent half of the morning before the bus come, looking for Dylan school folder. I missed placed it over the weekend and it was inside a drawer and I didn't think look there. So here I am all morning running around the house like a chicken with my head cut off looking for this folder that I know that I sat on my desk but it is nowhere in sight. Meanwhile, Dylan is running around the house jumping all over the place super excited to be going to school. I didn't actually find the folder until the very last minute.  Dylan is getting super good at dressing, all I need to do lately is put the shirt over his head. Then he finds his own arm holes and even pushes his arms through pulling his shirt down after. All thanks to his ABA therapist, she does a great job with him. Now, because I was looking for his folder most of the morning we didn't get to do his morning walk ritual. It kind of worried me how he would be in school because of it.  When Dylan gets into his strict routines, it's kind of hard to pull him out of them.

 Today at school Dylan of the following according to the daily objectives send him sheet sent by his teacher.

1-No Response/hand over hand
2-Multiple prompts (Gestural, physical,visual, and/or verbal)
3-No more then 2 verbal prompts
4-Independent



  •  2 imitate action with body or toys
  •  4 imitate speech sounds and environmental noises
  •  1 indicate refusal by pushing away non preferred objects with an appropriate force
  •  2 complete fine motor activities
  •  4 Sit for 5 minutes at group without adult assistance






His daily classroom activities were

  • play skills
  • gym class
  • gross motor
  • fine motor
  • language arts
  • snack
  • morning work 
  • sensory activity
  • calendar
  • lunch


Today Dylan's teacher left comments Dylan had a great day. Dylan was in a happy mood today. He tried to imitate actions with the Sesame Street toy.  She did hand over hand to make the character pop up and he made several attempts to close it on his own.  Dylan also said BaBa when he saw his bottle this was done independently. The new letter their learning is J for juice.


Jasmine

 Today Jasmine had a great morning getting up, she did most things independently. There was one thing, last night when she took a bath she forgot to wash her hair. She doesn't really understand when I tell her the reasons why she needs to wash her hair. Doesn't really see anything wrong with having a greasy head. I'm not entirely sure if this is not a normal thing with kids our age. One of her friends is kind of the same she could go days without changing her clothes.  So I'm thinking the hair washing thing hygiene wise might be a age stage.

 She did a very nice job picking out her own outfit and making sure she had clean socks and underwear.  Normally in the morning times I have to keep reminding her,  of the steps she needs to take to get ready but this morning she seemed more focused and more alert.

 She come home today raving about Spanish class. Talking in a bunch of words that I didn't understand. I think it's amazing that they offer Spanish class in every single grade now. When I went to school it was like an elective that you could take in high school. You had to take one semester of any foreign language, I took sign language because I thought it would be easy  and it looked really fun.  Now at school, at least Jasmine school, they take Spanish every single year, throughout the entire year.  By the time she's in high school she's going to know how to speak the language fully and fluently.

Thanks for stopping by, if you enjoy reading my blogs don't forget to subscribe it's all on the right sidebar at the very top, FacebookTwitterInstagramPinterest, and YouTube . Or you could follow by email :) by entering your email in the MadMimi entry box , emails are only delivered every two days. I do appreciate every single reader!

Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I love them :)