Amazon

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Daily School Report 11 / 6 / 14

Dylan

Me and Dylan got up late this morning. We had about 15 minutes to get ready for the bus, he was not happy to be rushed. He is uncooperative when he's being rushed. I set him on the couch, he stands up and moves to the other side of the room. I'm like okay buddy time to put on your shoes and he starts jumping around like kangaroo. But that's Dylan. There was no ABA today because his worker had a much needed day off. I didn't mind, sometimes I like to sleep a lot. and by a lot I mean 8 hours :) even the bus driver was surprised to not see anyone there parked in my driveway except for my van. She was like where's the crew at? And I was just like, just us today. Then I warned her that we missed out on our morning walk, and I wasn't exactly sure if it was going to make Dylan noticeably different on the bus. She told me not to worry so much, that dylan was fine

Today at school Dylan did the following according to the daily objectives send home sheet sent by his teacher. 

I found out what the numbers mean...

1-No Response/hand over hand
2-Multiple prompts (Gestural, physical,visual, and/or verbal)
3-No more then 2 verbal prompts
4-Independent

  • 1 Indicated refusal by pushing away nonprefered objects with an appropriate force
  • 3 requests objects with a single picture with open hand cue and 1 prompt 
  • 2 Complete fine motor activities
  • 4 Sat for 5 minutes at group without adult assistant.
  • 2 work on age appropriate table activity for 2 minutes.


 His daily classroom actives were
  • Play skills
  • Gross motor
  • Fine Motor
  • Snack
  • Morning work
  • Speech
  • Group speech
  • Arts and Crafts
  • Calendar
  • Lunch
  • Handwriting Program


Dylan's teacher made comments that today was a great day. Dylan was in a happy mood, he did a great job sitting at the table for calendar, lunch, speech and art. She also made a comment explaining to me that the guide was actually on the paper the entire time for the numbers LOL Leave it to me to miss that I got mommie brain!



Jasmine.

This morning Jasmine woke up late also. I guess we're all just having off day. I picked her up early from school, today was picture retake day and she hadn't even took her pictures yet. She missed the actual picture day because she was sick. So these were actually her real pictures that we're for fall. We have to wait in a line behind about 30 preschoolers before she got her pictures, and were already running behind. Jasmine had a Doctors appointment to get to and I was just watching that clock ticking away thinking "OMG" we are never gonna make it. Its not unusual for Jasmines doctors to be 45 min- 1 hour away if not further and so I almost always plan for an hour drive. we waited in line for the pictures for 20 minutes and i still needed to stop for gas. Thank goodness her doctor was running behind also because we showed up 10 minutes late! We had to wait a whole hour in th r waiting room before he even called us back. Jasmine was pretty good, shes a little OCD about being on time I had to explain to her a few times the it wasn't us that was late and nothing bad was going to happen. She tends to think if routines are messed up something else will happen, what? I'm not really sure and half of the time she cant explain it herself. 
   
 Jassy waiting in the waiting room.

Important update

Her doctor told me today, since the second time he met Jasmine he has been observing her for Autism. He has been seeing Jasmine since she was 5, she is now 8 almost 9! Today he told me he is sure she has it. he explained it to me like this. If Dylan were 100 on the spectrum being the most severe, Jasmine would be anywhere from 35-25 and high functioning, hes telling me now because he was waiting for the school to say something. Why? I'm not really sure. He told me that with her learning disability, lack of eye contact, social awkwardness, and social anxieties all these symptoms put together point toward Autism. He also told me she has ADD which is the first I have even heard anyone say about Jasmine beside my husband mentioning it a few times, but I'm talking professionals. He doesn't want to treat her ADD because he believes it will make her social skills worsen. Him telling me this caught me so off guard. All I know of Autism is my son, and he is non verbal, non eating, and hardcore SPD. I would have never thought that Jasmine was Autistic. Thinking about it now Jasmine has a lil' friend who her parents told me is was and if you was to just meet her you wouldn't be able to tell but have her spend the night and yes you can. She doesnt spend the night she calls to go home, my daughter is the same. Also she doesn't play with her friends when there over, she wants them there but she doesn't want to play what they are playing you always find these 2 girls by themselves playing with there baby dolls. Not playing together thought just like off in there own corners doing there own things. I'm like being enlightened as I write this its has me thinking so much, so bare with me.   These girls are almost the same in there social skills. 

Tonight was cheer too
Go Cheerleaders GO

Im still processing all this information myself. so writing about it is still a bit tough but I plan to take you guys along all the way as much as I can.

Thanks for stopping by
Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I love them :)