Amazon

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Did You Know Tea Bags Cure Pink Eye?





Sofia is starting to take off her diapers herself more and more, but I know she isn't ready to be potty trained because when I  put her on the potty she terrified. Yesterday we had a moment when she did while I was using the bathroom myself and she pooped so she got that on her hands. When I returned I was trying to get her to the bathtub as fast as I could, but she ended up wiping one of her hands crossed her eye. I knew it was going to happen, she was going to get pink eye and sure enough about 2 hours later it started changing colors.

I immediately started freaking out. We have 3 children our self and Jasmine also has 3 friends staying the entire weekend with us. I know pink eye isn't life threatening and so I thought it could wait until morning to take her to the doctor. Everyone knows I like to share experiences with everyone so I make my Facebook status "snag in the road- Sofia definitely might have pink eye... Little butt scratcher" lol

"Little butt scratcher"  Sofia


My friend starts telling me how her family has always used Tea Bags to cure it and it doesn't take long at all and will save you a trip to the doctor's office. So I figured I would share with you all :)

Here are the steps you need to take:

Brew a cup of tea as you normally would. Let the tea bag steep for a few minutes before taking it out. Do not squeeze the bag as you normally would instead leave it to soak on a plate for a few minutes to cool down. Any tea will do, just try to avoid flavored tea like mint, cinnamon ect. They may cause more irritation.

This is the type we are using.


When the tea bag cools enough to touch, test it on your eye, if you're doing this to your child test it on your own eye before putting it on theirs. It will feel cool to the touch with your hand, but can still be entirely too hot for your eye.

When it is cool enough still without squeezing the extra liquid out, place it over the infected eye's eye lid. Its ok to get the liquid in your eye. The tea bag will start working pulling the infection out of the eye. Let it sit there for a while, at least 20 minutes each time. You'll need to do this at least 3 times a day. For children who are extra fussy about getting the tea bad put on their eye, wait until they are sleeping. Then they won't even know what's going on.

You can also use an eye dropper to put room temperature tea in your eye 2 drops per eye if you don't have time to put actual tea bags on your eyes 3 times or more a day, you might find using the eye dropper method better. I found a woman showing this method in action here.

Continue doing this until the entire infection has cleared up. You can see visible results after one day. Try it :) I hope you found this helpful :)

Oh, I almost forgot do not forget to wash your hands often:) Pink eye is very contagious!












Thanks for stopping by, if you enjoy reading my blogs don't forget to subscribe it's all on the right sidebar at the very top, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube . Or you could follow by email :) by entering your email in the MadMimi entry box , emails are only delivered every two days. I do appreciate every single reader!






Jessie








1 comment:

  1. OMG! This is an AMAZING tip. I wish I had this years ago :D

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I love them :)