Amazon

Thursday, November 20, 2014

So Why Blog, You Ask?

I recently created this video trying to explain why I started blogging. I gave a decent effort, but I don't think that I got everything out but I wanted to. I have severe anxiety, they're mostly social. Speaking to a camera knowing that someone's going to watch it is definitely not my strong suit. That's funny right somebody with severe anxiety, wanting to blog.




I'm attempting not to let my anxieties get in the way of me doing what I feel is right. And what I think is the right thing to do is to share my knowledge of what I know about my special needs kids. I want to help other families in my same situation in some way, actually in any way that I can.



For example, I started the daily School Report posts with the thought that other families and my family could check in on my children every day just to see how their day went. For my own family, it's a nice way to keep in touch. But for other families going through the same thing that I'm going through it's a nice way to see that you are not the only one. You're not the only person who has to deal with these types of things every day. I sincerely want my readers to know they are not alone. Because when I first got my child's diagnosis that's exactly what I felt. Grant you I had my husband, but he got to leave and go to work every day. Me being the stay at home mom, made things different for me.

A lot of the time you can't even turn to family for support. It's not that they don't want to support you, but  if you were like me, you just have this feeling like they will never understand. Still to this day I find myself trying to explain why my children are the way they are to my family. I know that they love my children, they simply adore them. Most of the time they will just be sympathetic, and that's really not what I want. I just want to be able to talk about my children as if they are typical. I know that they are  different, but  why can't I just talk about them as if they were  normal. To me it is normal, to others not experiencing it it is definitely out of the norm and I get why they want to be sympathetic. So one of my hopes is, by me blogging my daily life, my family will have a better understanding of my life personally.

And for all my readers, I want to help you with your day to day life.  I want to share tips that I've picked up along the way in hopes that they can help you in any kind of way. I want to do reviews on products that I use for my children and explain the reasons why I use them so that if you are in the same situation you will have some sort of idea of what you should be doing. Now I don't want to preach and say this is exactly how you should be doing it, that is really not the case. I just want you to be able to compare your children with other children that are in the same category I guess you would say. Because I know how difficult it is talking to another mother about your special needs child. If their child is atypical, that mother just seems lost. And while they will probably sit there and listen and be courteous and that's always good, we special needs mothers seek input  from other mothers just as anyone would. And if you're not getting any input sometimes it can be really frustrating. Everywhere online there are mommy blogs, they are great. Mothers sharing tips about their children from birth until even when they get in their teens. It's great, I even follow loads of them. What I don't see is a lot of blogs of mothers with special needs children. And there really should be more of them. 



There are so many differences when it comes to children with autism or any other special needs child. I really think that there should be more sharing. I know some bloggers talk about they don't want to get too personal, but I'm actually for being really personal. I want to share every detail about my life as a special needs mother, and the trials and the stories of growth in my children and in their abilities. And I want to hear other mothers talking about the same things. To me there is no such thing as an overshare when it comes to being a parent, not just special needs parents but any parent at all. So that's exactly what I'm going to do. I'm going to spill all my experiences out, and I want to know what you guys think about them. So never be afraid to leave me a comment, good or bad, if you agree or disagree, I just want to hear your thoughts  and share mine.

Another aspect I see coming from this blog, is awareness. Not every person that comes to my blog will be my family or a family with someone special needs in it. And because of that I hope that I am able to shed some light on some areas about being a special needs parent and what its like, so maybe you guys would have a better understanding of it.

I also love sharing about the really awesome products I use with my kids, there is so many things out there. I don't know about you but money doesn't come easy here, and hearing how something worked out for another person before I purchase it, really helps me with my decision. So I hope by doing reviews I can make life a little easier and no one will need to be pulling hair out at the store trying to figure out what to get. 

 Lastly, I'm totally obsessed with giveaways too, so any giveaway I think is really cool and I can take part in I will, just because they are awesome and its sooooo much fun right? 

And there you have it, I think? If you have any other questions leave me a comment, facebook me, tweet me or something lol :) I'm not the type of person to take offence easily, so really anything. Anything at all that you want to know, just get a hold of me :)


Thanks for stopping by, if you enjoy reading my blogs don't forget to subscribe it's all on the right sidebar at the very top, FacebookTwitterInstagramPinterest, and YouTube . Or you could follow by email :) by entering your email in the MadMimi entry box , emails are only delivered every two days. I do appreciate every single reader!

Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I love them :)