Amazon

Friday, January 30, 2015

Daily School Report 01/30/15




This morning was Jassy's first day back to school with her hard cast. She was super excited, because this cast can be decorated and she wants all her friends to sign it.

Dylan's ABA therapy sessions start 30 minutes earlier now. Dylan needs a sort of warm up and prepare to do ABA before his ABA session actually starts. Which I think is a good idea I don't think Dylan likes to be pulled out of bed and just jump right in to ABA. Dylan's BSA never does this, she always lets him "wake up" first, which is why there is an extra 30 minutes added on to the time. This way, Dylan can wake up and still get threw all the trials.

I wasn't sure even in the morning whether or not Dylan would be going to school or not. I was waiting to see how the ABA went first. Usually, unless on that day there is OT also, you can tell how Dylan's school day will go by what mood he is in at the end of the session. It doesn't always work like that, most of the time if hes in a bad mood I'll know exactly how the bus ride will go. Dylan enjoys school so much he could have a bad day at home and go to school and be fine.

Well today I did send him to school after dosing him up with multi-symptom cold meds and 1 a day allergy med.  He seemed fine when he left, but I knew the medicine wouldn't last the entire day and I was worried.

When Dylan had left, Guess who woke up with all Dylan's previous symptoms?


Miss Sofia Lee, Just look at that lip! Poor thing!


The crud is definitely making its way through my house again and its time to bust out the Lysol! Sinus drainage, fever, and extreme exhaustion.  Sofia didn't sleep all day like Dylan, He had slept over 24 hours straight only waking up to take little sips out of his cup. Sofia kinda just laid like she is in the picture all day until I put this Cool Gel n' Cap her and her fever broke. I received this to write a full review of it and I'm glad it worked for Sofia. Dylan was too smart and knew how to UN-Velcro it and take it off. He will probably use it once he gets used to it. Anyway I'm going to give a full review about how it worked out today, later on, in another post.

She was feeling better and even felt well enough to eat Burger King after her daddy got home. Dylan on the other hand come home looking awful, and has a fever again. I'm just praying I didn't send him too soon and got someone else there sick with this crud. Honestly, he looked well enough this morning I thought it had passed through him.


Today at school Dylan of the following according to the daily objectives send home sheet sent by his teacher.

1-No Response/hand over hand
2-Multiple prompts (Gestural, physical,visual, and/or verbal)
3-No more then 2 verbal prompts
4-Independent

  • 2 Imitate action with body or toys.
  • 1 Imitate speech sounds and environmental noises
  • 3 Indicate refusal by pushing away non-preferred objects with an appropriate force.
  • 3 Request object with a single picture with open hand cue and 1 prompt
  • 2 Complete fine motor activities
  • 2 Sit for 5 minutes at group with out adult assistance
  • 2 Work on age appropriate table activity for 2 minutes


His daily classroom activities were
  • Play skills 
  • Gross motor
  • Fine motor
  • Language arts
  • Snack 
  • Morning work
  • Computer activity
  • Walk 
  • Sensory Activity 
  • Calendar
  • Lunch
Dylan's teacher left notes that today was a good day. Dylan seemed really happy to be back at school. He smiled frequently and he wanted to walk around the room exploring and slapping things ("mom note about slapping things", I think this is how Dylan checks objects to see if he likes them along with the chin tapping, its his way of testing the object to see if it "works" for him) She also noted he did cough quite a bit and his nose ran.

No note about fever though, so I think that happened on the bus home. He didn't have one in the morning or all of yesterday. His day was long though and he probably needed some more rest. He fell a sleep right after he got home and we gave him some Motrin. He is still sleeping now, I'm pretty sure he will sleep all night.

All I can really say is I am about over this "Crud Season"

Well thanks for stopping by, Daily school reports will start back up Monday night:)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I love them :)