Amazon

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Daily School Report 02/17/2015



Today was a pretty good day. Jasmine was so prepared to go to school she was dressed the night before. :) She had friends over all weekend and they came over again today right after school. I don't mind them being here, they always need to be home before dark, and here that means around 5:30 pm. Joe is working 10's all this week (10-hour shifts) and that means I have to be super mom and get both kids off their school buses. It's kind of hectic, my anxiety level rises quickly when I feel under pressure. I did alright today but come Thursday I know I will be extremely grateful for my mother coming to do respite hours for me.

Dylan woke up really good! I was so surprised he started a new medication and usually that means you'll be tired while adjusting to it. I totally forgot to tell his teacher in a note when I sent him to school today, but I'll be sure to send it tomorrow. Because it is new they will need to watch for anything out of the normal so that I am able to tell his doctor. Nonetheless he woke up fine, and did great in his ABA session. All smiles, and laughs :)

I desperately want to get a new camera. It's been so long since I had one, I wouldn't even know what to get. I'm going to be searching over reviews soon to find one I think is right for my needs, video capture and photos.



************************************************************************
Today at school Dylan did the following according to the daily objectives send home sheet sent by his teacher.



1-No Response/hand over hand
2-Multiple prompts (Gestural, physical, visual, and/or verbal)
3-No more than 2 verbal prompts
4-Independent
  • 1 Imitate speech sounds and environmental noises
  • 1 Indicate refusal by pushing away non-preferred objects with an appropriate force. 
  • 2 Request object with a single picture with an open hand cue and 1 prompt
  • 2 Complete fine motor activities
  • 3 Sit for 5 minutes at group without adult assistance
  • 2 Work on age appropriate table activity for 2 minutes


His daily classroom activities were
  • Play skills
  • Gross motor
  • Snack 
  • Morning work
  • Walk
  • Calendar
  • Math
  • Lunch
  • Handwriting program
Dylan's teacher left comments that today was again a great day. Dylan ate bananas and mango for lunch today, he really loved the bananas, he ate almost the whole jar at lunch. At snack, he had more mangos and some Cheetos. He licked three Cheetos and laughed the whole time.

I think Dylan's eating is going good at school, I bought him some of the same things he uses at school to eat with. Also a bigger kid style booster seat to try sitting him at the kitchen table in the actual chair rather than a high chair. I also discussed adding the feeding program back into ABA. I had them stop before due to it upsetting him so much. Not just that though, ABA is before school and if I had him doing a feeding program before school while he was so headstrong on, not eating at all it surely would have thrown his whole day off.

Well, thanks for stopping by and check back tomorrow for another daily school report.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I love them :)