Amazon

Monday, April 20, 2015

Spring into Fun - Gardening and Canning

I will openly admit that I know very little about gardening and canning. I have a very curious mind and I am eager to learn new things especially when it comes to saving money and living more natural. This year I am doing a garden, this will be my second year ever doing the garden. Last years garden was a complete fail because there wasn't enough drainage and the garden got water logged. This year we decided to move the garden to where we thought it would be a better location.

The thing about just starting out is we don't have many of the things needed to do stuff around our yard. We just got this house 2 and half years ago and have been working on getting the things here and there. This year my grandmother admitted that she is unable to do her garden anymore, at first she offered her tiller to us in exchange for us growing her some of her favorite veggies in our garden. When we called her again to ask if we would be able to come pick up the tiller to start tilling up the ground in the area we want to move the garden too, she told us she wanted $150 for the tiller. We are by no means able to come up with that much to buy it, we live week to week and usually have just enough to get by. So I had to tell her we would pass on it. I was talking to one of my girlfriends whose boyfriend is completely mechanical, about buying a tiller they found that wasn't running at the moment. I ended up buying that for $50 which is more affordable to us than $150. He is working on it so we will see how that goes.

I'm super excited about learning all this new stuff about gardening and canning and plan on sharing it along the way. So far, all we have is the freshly tilled new garden pot in a few weeks we will be planting.






I'll update you guys more when we do more. This is going to be so fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I love them :)