Amazon

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Daily School Report #2

Dylan

     Dylan did most of his morning ABA therapy session without me being there. I had to run Jasmine to the dentist and left him at home with his therapists while my sister was watching him. I got back with about 40 minutes until the school bus came, Just enough time to here my lil' kiddo blurt out ball about 5 times. It so exciting to hear him saying new words and ball is an actual word not just an "ut oh" or "ahhhh" or any of the other sounds he makes. Progress, and I love it. When Dylan turned 3, it was like something click inside him and he started the sound making. It was like hearing a baby, My baby, finding his voice for the first time. As time has been going forward Dylan is just picking up more and more sounds and now we got him to say ball, of course his first time saying it was when I wasn't home, but he said it all the same. I am so hopeful for whats to come.

Today at school Dylan did the following according to the daily objectives send home sheet sent by his teacher.
  • Imitated speech sounds  "o" and "oh oh"
  • Hand over hand picture requesting for single objects
  • Completed there fine motor activity,  but it was noted with lot of hand over hand help.
  • Sat 5 minutes at group without adult assistance.
His daily classroom actives were
  • Play skills
  • Gym class
  • Gross motor
  • fine motor
  • Language Arts
  • Snack
  • Library
  • Morning work
  • Walk
  • Calendar
  • Lunch
   The teacher noted today that Dylan did great in the library. Sitting for over 15 minutes checking out the books and listening to stories.


Jasmine

   I had to take Jasmine to school late today because she had a dentist appointment in the morning. I didn't really receive a note today about anything, in the morning is when they hand over there homework folders and agendas to be checked and she wasn't there to do that. When she got home she still had all the items in the folder I sent with her in the morning. 
     
     Homework time tonight has been a rough one. Jasmine doesn't really enjoy reading and it was noted on her progress report I received yesterday that she is behind in her reading AR points. She struggles with reading and I been trying to make her do book reports during and at the end of every book to make sure shes comprehending whats being read. I'm trying to get her to catch up , but as soon as I mention reading, let the 8 year old defiance begin. I have to find a way to make this fun for her so you'll be hearing about what I find when I find it. In order to be successful in school at all you need to be a decent reader and understand whats being read. Getting her to read more is going to be top on my list. 

     Now its time to crunch down on them weekly spelling works too, spelling for Jasmine has been a strength since she started kindergarten. She only needs to practice her words, writing them about 5 times each, I make her say them out loud also because that's how the test is given. The teacher stands there saying each word only waiting about 1 minute between each . She needs the practice of hearing the word and pulling it up in her brain quick enough so her anxieties don't get the best of her if she feels rushed.


All in All today was a good day. 


~Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I love them :)