Amazon

Monday, December 1, 2014

Daily School Report 12/1/14

 


   Welcome to December, I hope all your Cyber Monday deals were great, I got more then a few things today. Things are already being shipped too, from Black Friday, which I part take in from the comfort of my own home. I had a couple bad experiences with actually going out so I prefer it that way.

      I decided that because normally I do not talk about Sofia and me in the Daily School Report I would start. So from today on the first section will be about how our day went here in the great homestead :) Someones gotta hold the fort down, and I think me and Sofi do a pretty good job at it....I clean it and she wrecks it we are the perfect team. If you didn't know before, I'll tell you now that Miss Sofia Lee is 11 days away from being 2 years old. She is super cute and if I had to pick one little person to stay home all day with it would defiantly be her. Shes so easy. By that I mean if your doing something shes engaged and wants to be doing it too. Doesn't really matter what it is cleaning, watching TV, telling the dog to stay down. She is a mini me, like my shadow. It always surprises me to this day that if I go to have an adult time out, basically just some peace and quiet, she will rejoice when I return like I have been gone for days. I have never had the mama's baby experience until Lil' Miss Sofi.
                                             
This is Miss Sofia Lee just 12 days old on Christmas Eve 2012



     OK now onto what kinda day we had, shall we. Its still kind of funny for it to be just us, as Dylan just started his preschool this Fall. We both act like the house is empty when its just her and I, but then we start being goofy and it cheers up both up.

Normally Sofia doesn't wake up until Dylan is just about ready to go to school or a little after she likes to sleep and I don't mind it shes growing. Today was not the normal routine and I think that is because she is finally getting her fangs! You know the sharp pointy teeth, I'm not sure of there scientific name but I think you get it, right? I was so worried about these teeth of hers, she is in fact the first child I have had to not have all her teeth by the time she was the age of 1. Needless to say my worries are over now because there coming in. There are playing peek a boo though. especially her bottoms ones just keep going back down, I feel so bad for her but to be honest she acts like it doesn't phase her all.  Not once through her entire teething experience she seem seem at all in pain. She would get the rosy cheeks and slobber everywhere but never scream out like my other children. She ended up being the first one up today, I found her quietly watching a movie in her crib in her birthday suit. YES birthday suit! Shes figure out to undress herself and she apparently loves doing it, as almost every morning I find her like this.

I got her out of the crib and took her to get some breakfast, but honestly we didn't do much of anything the whole day. I stay upstairs because I was tired and she played in the playroom right outside where I was at pretty much all day.

We didn't even hear the delivery man knock on the front door, then about half way through our day she wanted to cuddle so I brought her in my room with me and we tried to nap. Tried! whenever I get Sofi in bed with me she just want to play and hug and climb all over me, which I love :) We watch a movie together and then daddy come home and stole her away from me lol.



Dylan 


Dylan didn't have ABA today and I kinda like that about Mondays. Its not because we don't enjoy ABA, but when we don't have it on Monday its like a ease into the week. On Mondays we get up earlier then Sunday but not as early as Tuesday. While most people dread Mondays we really don't.
I woke him up about 45 minutes before the bus come, gave him a Pedisure and got him dressed. Dylan has this side Mohawk thing going on, actually on both sides of his head. Its flat in the middle but the sides are sticking out. SO night we may attempt a hair cut even though it is on the top of my most dreaded things to do to him.

I tried to do the morning walk routine but it was just too cold. Even for Dylan we walked down the side walk  one time and when we turned around to come back Dylan pulled me towards the stairs and the house, as if to say that's enough and I agreed. Winter is not my forte.

 Today at school Dylan of the following according to the daily objectives send him sheet sent by his teacher.

1-No Response/hand over hand
2-Multiple prompts (Gestural, physical,visual, and/or verbal)
3-No more then 2 verbal prompts
4-Independent

  • 1 Indicate refusal by pushing away non-preferred object with an appropriate force.
  • 4 Request Objects with a single picture with open hand cue and 1 prompt
  • 2 Complete fine motor activities - coloring page
  • 3 Sit for 5 minutes at group without adult assistance
  • 2 Work on age appropriate table activity for 2 minutes - he did 2/5 pieces of a shape puzzle


His daily classroom activities were

  • Play Skills
  • Gym Class - Hockey ( could you imagine this - toddler hockey, makes me giggle every time )
  • Gross Motor
  • Fine Motor
  • Language arts - C is for Candy cane
  • Snack
  • Morning Work
  • Sensory Activity - Candy Cane play dough and eating Candy canes
  • Calendar
  • Lunch
Dylan's teacher left comments that today was a great day. Dylan was in a happy mood today and we saw lots of beautiful smiles :) He did not want to drink the applesauce/juice mixture, but was happy with his Pedisure. HE was SEnditive with the "CAny Cane" play dough and he touched it. He did not want to hold it or play with it.  He held a Candy Cane and put it to his lips but not in his mouth.

I have had similar experiences with Dylan and play dough. His reaction to it most of the time is that of disgust, like eww its icky get it off. He seems to have the same reaction to anything editable that is sticky. We put stuff right on his high chair tray, most of the time just to see if he will touch it. He seems to only like to put things in his mouth that are puree and hates touching anything that isnt hard, he will touch crumbley but he throws its as soon as it breaks like a chip, or cookie. Maybe playing with play dough at school more will desensitize him to it.




Jasmine

Jasmine was more then ready to get out of this house this morning lol. Whenever there is an extended weekend for a holiday she just cant wit to go back to school. I promise we do nothing to make her feel like that, I think shes just at that age where being home isn't cool anymore. I dont know if i mentioned this before but Lego Club at school is a real thing, Joe found out from one of his co-worker whose daughter is also in it. 

My prepper daughter told me this morning she needs the 10 dollars I was going to give her for the book fair this week at school. Well she comes home and I ask when the books are she bought because this year we made a deal. If  I was to give her book fair money, she was to buy actual books. She tends to only buy pencils, toys and posters. SO I made it perfectly clear that this year it wasn't allowed. I mean its a book fair they should be buying books, right? She told me her class doesn't get to go to until Wednesday. I asked where is the money than? She replies inside her desk, well I sure hope its still there Wednesday, there are somethings she over looks when in her prepping modes, like that it could get misplaced or even stolen.

She actually has a very busy week this week. Shes going shopping with Santa helpers and cheer leading 2 days in a row. I hope it doesn't get too overwhelming for her, sometimes too much as once can send her into straight panic mode. 

No news yet on when she will be tested for special education. They did send me a letter informing me that they now had 1 month to complete the testing by law. The 1 month is counted by school day though and so we could be looking at mid January.


Thanks for stopping by, if you enjoy reading my blogs don't forget to subscribe it's all on the right sidebar at the very top, FacebookTwitterInstagramPinterest, and YouTube . Or you could follow by email :) by entering your email in the MadMimi entry box , emails are only delivered every two days. I do appreciate every single reader!



Jessie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I love them :)