Amazon

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Daily School Report 12/16/14




Very interesting morning, Dylan is starting to do a lot of things. He has actually been doing this a little over a week but this morning was a little different and so I thought I would share. My son has become a squatter! When he goes poo he now obviously squats to do it.  For most kids that would mean that they know they are going and its time to potty train, but I'm thinking that because Dylan is so terrified of the bathroom, that will not be possible anytime soon. Still, it is a big step in that direction because squatting definitely means you know its going to happen and its easy if you do it like that. If he isn't potty trained soon its OK, because he is still taking the first steps by himself and I think that is great. I think today was the first day he squatted in front of his BSA. I have Only caught him a few times doing it before this. Most parents I don't think would be so excited about the "squatting" stage, I don't know really. I am though lol :)

ABA therapy went well up until the whole squat episode. I was glad it happened when it did though because it was about 15 minutes before the bus was supposed to be there. Could you imagine the fit he would have had on that 45 minute - 1 hour bus ride to the school because he had to poo? I totally can and it would not have been good at all.

 Today at school Dylan of the following according to the daily objectives send him sheet sent by his teacher.


1-No Response/hand over hand
2-Multiple prompts (Gestural, physical,visual, and/or verbal)
3-No more then 2 verbal prompts
4-Independent

  • 2 Imitate action with body or toys (putting "coins" in the treasure chest)
  • 1 Indicate refusal by pushing away non preferred objects with an appropriate force.
  • 3 Request objects with a single picture with open hand cue and 1 prompt.
  • 2 Complete fine motor activities.
  • 2 Sit for 5 minutes at group without adult assistance.
  • 2 Work on age appropriate table activity for 2 minutes

His daily classroom activities were
  • Play skills
  • Gross motor
  • Fine motor
  • Snack
  • Morning work
  • Arts & Crafts
  • Walk
  • Sensory Activity (Bubbles, Swing, Sandbox)
  • Calendar
  • Math
  • Lunch
  • Handwriting program

Dylan's teacher left comments today was a great day. Mentions that Dylan is in need of diapers at school. Dylan was in a happy mood all day except for a few minutes before snack. He cried for a couple of minutes but then was calm once he had his bottle.

To me lately Dylan seem super hungry and I am thinking that is his way of gaining that weight back that he lost while he was ill. 1 1/2 pound might not seem like a lot but to a child or as I still consider him a toddler, weighing 34 lbs, and then loosing any weight is a lot but loosing 1 1/2 pounds is excessive. I think he is just playing catch up with that right now.

Also they gave me a little something for my anxieties, A letter to inform me that there was a confirmed case of Campyolobacteriosis at his school. I had no idea that even existed until this sheet was sent home. It does have symptoms, and a brief description of what it is, but guess who will be up all night googling now? Yup me.


Jasmine

Jasmine once again was really good in the morning. Although she did argue with me about the length of the shirt she wanted to wear to school it didn't last long and she didn't have any tears about changing it. I simple said raise your arms please. Ans she did and then giggled and said yup too short and too little you can see my whole belly. I do believe that shirt found a new home in the trash, I think it was one from kindergarten, LOL I have no clue why it was even in her drawer.

The next couple of days at school will be very relaxed for Jasmine. They are having what the teacher is calling Holiday centers. Tomorrow will be them and after a movie. Then on Friday she will have class activities in her room and a read-a-thon in the afternoon with all the rest of the 3rd grade classes. Shes already picking out blankets to take each day as it says in the flyer the could bring one or  a beach towel to sit on. Also Friday she gets to wear pajamas to school, which she always thinks is awesome. 



I also Just wanted to say Happy Hanukkah, to all of you who celebrate that this time of the year :)



Thanks for stopping by, if you enjoy reading my blogs don't forget to subscribe it's all on the right sidebar at the very top, FacebookTwitterInstagramPinterest, and YouTube . Or you could follow by email :) by entering your email in the MadMimi entry box , emails are only delivered every 5 days. I do appreciate every single reader!

Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I love them :)