Amazon

Monday, January 12, 2015

Daily School Report 01/12/15



Woowee this morning was tough, not for the kids but for me. Jasmine got up really good. Dylan was more then ready to get on that school bus. It was just me feeling like a sloth all day long, even now I'm not fully awake. It's just one of those days the time keeps ticking and I'm waiting for bedtime.

Over the weekend Dylan managed to claw the crap out of his face. Yesterday I got scared because his face had so much blood on it, but the cut was so tiny. This was even after I used clippers on his nails and so to get them even shorter I started biting them with my own teeth again. I don't know why he scratches like this, he cant tell me and it breaks my heart to see him like that. All I can do is hold him tight and rock with him. I apologized if this picture makes anyone uncomfortable. Its just really important to me that on this blog, I show all sides of autism, all sides of any special need my children have. So at times I am very raw with it. There are really good things and then there are things like this.


We used to think Dylan did this because he was itchy, he has eczema. But we lather him up in lotion constantly and it only happens when hes super upset. So now we are thinking it has nothing to do with eczema at all, but rather pure frustration that he cant communicate what is upsetting him.

The only thing that is able to calm him down is me holding him tightly to keep his hands away from his face and rocking with him and then after sticking a weighted vest on him. Then he calms fairly quickly. Even switching completely from frustration to giggles at times.
*********************************************************************************


Today at school Dylan of the following according to the daily objectives send home sheet sent by his teacher.

1-No Response/hand over hand
2-Multiple prompts (Gestural, physical,visual, and/or verbal)
3-No more then 2 verbal prompts
4-Independent

  • 2 Imitate action with body or toys
  • 1 Indicate refusal by pushing away nonprefered objects with an appropriate force
  • 3 Request objects with single picture with open hand cue and 1 prompt
  • 2 Complete fine motor activities
  • 3 Sit for 5 minutes at group without adult assistance
  • 2 Work on age appropriate table top activity for 2 minutes
His daily classroom activities were
  • Play skills
  • Gym Class
  • Gross motor
  • Language arts
  • Snack
  • Walk
  • Sensory activity
  • Calendar
  • Lunch
Today I sent Dylans weighted vest he has for at home to school because the last 3 days have then extremely rough and I though if they didn't have one at school they were going to need it. His teacher let me know that they do have them at school but they tried mine I sent first, and then the school one. I'm going to ask if it made a difference to him in tomorrows note to the school.
She left a note that today was a great day. Others were crying all around him and he smiled and was happy. She asks me, if I think it is the vest or just a good day. Also says shes never seen Dylan smile so much. To be honest I'm not sure, I honestly thought this all started because there was no school on Friday and it made him mad. He wanted to go to school, I could tell he was pacing in front of the window, watching traffic, just extremely antsy. Then the scratching started and he wouldn't stop until I put the vest on him, then he fell asleep. We had to use the vest more times this weekend then I have ever even used it before. At least 3 times a day. I guess we are going to have to watch and see what happens. Maybe the vest can make him stay calm in school.

Today Jasmine come home and was wanting to get out of the house right away. This only told me one thing, she had homework and she didn't want to do it.  So I asked her for her book bag first and she started whining. I told her I would help her and she still didn't want to but mom insisted.

We got that done and then I told her it was time to play a Learning Success game. Its really an odd feeling to have her excited about anything to do with learning. Every time I mention learning success, she tells me to check my email to see if a new one has come to print off. She is really enjoying it so far.

Well thanks for stopping by and check in tomorrow for another daily school report


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I love them :)