Amazon

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Daily School Report 01/14/15




Big bravo to Jasmine, who managed to get ready for school and leave for the bus in 5 minutes flat. Someone forgot to set the alarm, but she did great. All I needed to say was "OMG your going to miss the bus!" Then she came back with a "OOOO no I'm not" then she zipped by me a few times and out the door she went.

This morning ABA for Dylan was kind of rough for the first hour, I think his routine is so messed up right now. He just doesn't know what to do with himself.  I got to show his BSA how I started calming him with bear hugs and rocking. Dylan will fight me while I'm doing it and sometimes cries buts its the only thing that's been calming him down. When the vest doesn't work its either bear hugs or a face that is all scratched up. I do that for 5- 10 minutes and then let him go and hes completely calm.

Dylan is off school until Tuesday of next week. I hope this goes well, but I just know, come tomorrow when that school bus doesn't pick him up, hes going to be mad. I am just hoping it doesn't last the entire 5 days.
*********************************************************************************


Today at school Dylan of the following according to the daily objectives send home sheet sent by his teacher.

1-No Response/hand over hand
2-Multiple prompts (Gestural, physical,visual, and/or verbal)
3-No more then 2 verbal prompts
4-Independent

  • 2 Imitate action with body or toys
  • 1 Imitate speech sounds and environmental noises
  • 1 Indicate refusal by pushing away non-preferred objects with an appropriate force
  • 2 Request object with a single picture with open hand cue and 1 prompt
  • 2 Complete fine motor activities
  • 3 Sit for 5 minutes at group with out adult assistance
  • 3 Work on age appropriate table activity for 2 minutes
His daily classroom activities were
  • Play skills
  • Gym Class 
  • Gross motor
  • Fine motor
  • Language arts
  • Snack 
  • Library
  • Morning work 
  • Calendar
  • Lunch

Dylan's teacher left comments today was a great day. Dylan cried for a short time during library but overall is was a great day. He put his hands in applesauce but did not eat it at lunch or snack. He threw the whole plate at snack time. He licked nachos and threw them also.

The food and plate throwing is something we see at home a lot, but we still try. We set the food in front of him when we eat, he is in a highchair and we put it on the tray then about 2 seconds later, almost always it is on the floor. That is why when Dylan put a chip inside of his mouth over the winter break, I went crazy and bought like 4 bags of taco flavored Doritos, if he would eat anything I would give him as much as he wanted.
*********************************************************************************

Jasmine come home with some more paper work for her being tested for special education help in school. Yesterday I forgot to mention that the school psychologist called me and was telling me for sure Jasmine will be receiving help in reading. They just need a group diagnoses for her. Doing that means they are going to put some other label on Jasmine, but at this point I just want to her to get more help where she needs it. She had a lot of homework tonight. Her and her dad did that together while I'm filling out the paperwork for the school to get a group together for that. I'm sending it back tomorrow and I'll let you guys know when I find out anything else about it.

Thanks for stopping by and come back tomorrow for another daily school report.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I love them :)