Amazon

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Daily School Report 01/22/15


Jasmine woke up today all by herself and got herself ready as well. She seem really rested and ready to go. When she come home tonight though she was a whiny mess. She told me she twisted her ankle in gym class.  It didn't look swallow or bruised, so I had her put a cold rice pouch on it. She is limping a little. The school didn't even call me! Shes Upstairs doing her homework right now with her dad. I really think the whining had nothing to do with her ankle at all but rather that we switched her meds to a different time of day and therefore she has to adjust to the timing of it again. Shes been whiny since the switch and over emotional, but I haven't heard from the school that shes been tired there.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but I got really upset the other day. I got a note from her teacher that told me she had 5 late assignments and they needed to be turned in by Friday. OK that's fine we will work on that, but my issue is that Jasmine comes home with worksheets that should have been worked on in class that day, with zero pencil marks on them. She hasn't even written her name on some of them. I'll ask her things, like how long did you have to do this in class. she'll tell somewhere around 25 minutes for each. OK, so what did Jasmine do for 25 minutes in class? Nothing? Why did her teacher not notice her not doing anything? Why wasn't Jasmine made to do her work. Now I realize a teacher can only do so much especially with 28 kids in her classroom, but her name wasn't even written on the paper! If it is my job to do the whole assignment with her at home, then I might as well keep her home and home school her. I know the teacher isn't to blame fully, there are just too many kids in our schools and not enough teachers. My daughter needs more one on one time from a teacher. That is why I wanted, and all her doctors wanted her to be tested in to special education. The law requires that less children be in the class if they have special needs. They are testing her, but they need to put a specific label on her before she can start getting help.



I'm starting to see slight improvements with her handwriting from using the Learning Success program. Also her ability to focus with little distractions is getting better. Jasmine is the type to get distracted even if shes alone with nothing going on around her. We been reviewing books together. She is able to sit and read the book aloud to me and then also stay focused long enough for me to read them back to her.


Dylan On the other today was mad pretty much all day. He would calm down for like 20 minutes but then go right back to crying. He scratched his ear before school and so I was biting his nails before he got on the bus. It was bleeding pretty bad, I don't really know how to get him to stop scratching and I have been biting his nails to keep them as short as i can possible get them but he still hurts himself.

When we put him on the bus he was crying still from me biting his nails and I let the bus driver know his ear was cut. She told me he would probably fall asleep and that it would be fine.

Today at school Dylan of the following according to the daily objectives send home sheet sent by his teacher.

1-No Response/hand over hand
2-Multiple prompts (Gestural, physical,visual, and/or verbal)
3-No more then 2 verbal prompts
4-Independent

  • 2 Imitate action with body or toys.
  • 1 Indicate refusal by pushing away non-preferred objects with an appropriate force.
  • 1 Request object with a single picture with open hand cue and 1 prompt
  • 2 Complete fine motor activities
  • 3 Sit for 5 minutes at group with out adult assistance
  • 2 Work on age appropriate table activity for 2 minutes


His daily classroom activities were
  • Play skills 
  • Gross motor
  • Fine motor
  • Snack 
  • Morning work
  • Speech
  • Group Speech
  • Computer Activity
  • Walk 
  • Sensory Activity 
  • Calendar
  • Lunch
  • Handwriting Program
Dylan's Teacher left comments that today was a rough day. Dylan cried on the bus, when he first arrived and several times during the afternoon. He drank his bottle of pedisure at lunch but did not accept it at snack time. He just cried and threw it.

I think Dylan is teething and because I was so focus on getting his nails as short as possible before the bus came I forgot to dose him with Motrin before he left. I wont forget tomorrow if he doesn't have it, he does want to put anything in his mouth and will just cry. I'm surprised that he ate his lunch without it. He was like that in the morning before school as well he will just keep throwing it until he has some Motrin and then he will drink it. If I give it before the bus comes, he should be good for the whole day at school. I wish Dylan would let me feel inside his mouth on his gums, but he doesn't. Another things hes been doing lately is grabbing clothes and chewing on them. Whens he does that he seems happy and content, which also leads me to believe there are teeth coming in.

Well thanks for stopping by and come back tomorrow for another daily school report.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I love them :)