Amazon

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Sunsella Little Gems -Silicone Baking Cups (12 Pack) Review


When I started this review I tried to think of things to make that would be extra messy and make it hard to clean out a dish after your done. I could have gone for a classic cupcake my first try, but this being my first time ever using a silicone baking product I wanted to think outside of the box. I did receive the Sunsella Little Gems -Silicone Baking Cups (12 Pack) for free to give my honest review.

I was thinking a meatloaf is kinda messy and for me at least it is hard to cut and stick together, mine always falls apart. Mind you I'm not the best cook so if you have your own recipe to follow for the meat loaf that's cool. My outlook on cooking has always been using what you have and you'll see some of the things I'm using will be just that.


Things you'll need for my recipe are:
  • 2 lbs ground chuck
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 packages of sandwich crackers :) ( I used chive flavor ones)
  • Franks meat infuser - Italian flavor  (I have no idea why I did this but it sounded like it would make it taste better haha)
  • Ketchup
Tools you'll need to throw it together
First you crumble the crackers and add them to the bowl. Then add the meat and eggs to the bowl. Mix together with your hands really well until the eggs are totally combined with the meat and crackers. I'm not sure how I measured the size of the balls of meat I was making to put in the cups. I just grabbed the meat and made balls a little bigger than golf balls and then pressed them into the silicone cups I had already inside the muffin pan. The muffin pan is optional, I just wanted to use it to see if using the silicone cups would make a difference in the mess or not. So anyway,  when I got all the balls inside the silicone cups I took the meat infuser and punched some holes in the meatballs, again with no method to my madness haha but it looks like I might have done 3-4 holes per cup.

I bake them for 30 minutes on 350. Took them out and covered the tops with Ketchup and put them back inside the oven for another 10 minutes.


What they ended up being was proportioned cupcake meatloaves.
And they were totally delicious!

Now what do I think of the actual silicone cups though? They are cute, the colors are bright and I think if you were using these to make birthday party cupcakes they would work great. They did work really well for the purpose I used them for.  They clean really easy hot water and soap, no scrubbing required, they can just be rinsed to get the food particles off of them. They are reusable and I love that! They didn't melt or get damaged in any way. I was pretty impressed actually, this was a great silicone bakeware experience. I will definitely be looking through Sunstellas Amazon store for more items that I may find useful :)

I hope you found this review useful:)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I love them :)