Amazon

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Daily School Report 12/11/14



 With a big sigh of relief today was the day I had my mother do respite services for me. So she watched Dylan 2 hours in the morning and then again after he come home from school. They best thing about having your own mother do respite services it she might only be paid for 7 hours of the day but shes stays at your house like 12.  I did to leave to run one errand in the morning but I got back just after Dylan got on the bus to go to school.

I know yesterday I was talking about how cleaning soothes my stress and anxieties, but another thing that helps me is having a day when I can nap a really long time. Today I did that and I feel totally better. I'm ready to start being super mom again :) Even though Dylan had left, my mom still watched Sofia for me and I slept until Joe go home from work. My husband tends to be much like a little kid when he sees me after work. He will sit on the bed or something and stare at me and I can feel his eyes, so I wake up. I don't mind that much :)

Dylan

My mom told me that ABA therapy went well. Although she always finds it in her to comment on how well he does with the BSA, but then the OT shows up and Dylan totally changes and not for the good. I do realize Dylan likes one more then the other, but my mom just has it out for the OT or has a gut feeling that they aren't a right fit. I don't like changing the people who work with Dylan though. I get over anxious about having new people coming in, because my social anxieties are the worst. Whenever I meet someone new they can tell I'm uncomfortable its noticeable. It takes me awhile to get to where I can even talk to them. So I really don't want to change anything. Besides that Dylan would be much worse off if I kept changing the OT's too. These therapist are hands on, and Dylan doesn't let just anyone touch him, you have to earn his trust for that. Sometimes that can take a really long time.


Dylan did go to school today :)



 Today at school Dylan of the following according to the daily objectives send him sheet sent by his teacher.

1-No Response/hand over hand
2-Multiple prompts (Gestural, physical,visual, and/or verbal)
3-No more then 2 verbal prompts
4-Independent

  • 4 Request objects with a single picture with open hand cue and 1 prompt ( bottle and bubbles)
  • 2 Complete fine motor activities
  • 3 Sit for 5 minutes at group without adult assistance
  • 4 Work on age appropriate table activity for 2 minutes
His daily classroom activities were
  • Play Skills
  • Gross Motor
  • Fine Motor
  • Snack
  • Morning Work
  • Speech
  • Group Speech
  • Calendar
  • Lunch 
  • Handwriting Program
Dylan's teacher made comments that today was a good day. Dylan did a great job the first hour. He then cried for 30 minutes and fell asleep He slept for about 15 minutes. He woke up smiling and had a great rest of the day. He sat at speech group and was happy. He went to the speech room with his speech therapist and participated well. He also requested bubbles twice with a picture.

Getting back into the routine of waking up for ABA and the going to school I think is a little hard for Dylan right now Yesterday his tantrum to tell me he was tried happened even before the bus arrived and so I decided I wouldn't sent him to school. Yesterday he woke up at about 5 am. Today though, it was a little later, like 6:30 am and he went back to sleep for about 30 minutes before the BSA arrived to begin ABA therapy.  He normally waking up that early wouldn't need a nap, I have mentioned this before that Dylan tends to not need as much sleep as other kids his age, he can go the entire day on 6 hours of sleep and be fine. But while adjusting back to a daily routine I think he might need a quick one to rest his brain. 

I did send Dylan to school with Just normal milk based formula today. I didn't hear anything about a diaper blow out so I think his stomach is much better now. Oh boy am I glad too! That soy stuff, It was called Similac Go & Grow Soy Toddler Drink, if your not used to it, the powder itself stinks horribly and then when it comes back out again its the worst!


Jasmine

Jasmine go up ok for me this morning. She is convinced though that on days when she has cheer practice after school, she thinks she should be able to wear her Young Champions gear to school. I don't know if you know how much Young Champions gear costs, but its a lot.  I was about $150 for the actually uniform she wants to wear to school, and I wont allow it. I could hear it now "opps mom a had ketchup at lunch" or something like that "I fell on the playground". I'm sorry Jasmine but they aren't play clothes, there are for cheer practice and competitions.

My mom helped her with homework before she went to cheer and she seemed overly whiny. I think Shes tired and I;m expecting when they get back for her to just crash right out.


Just A little head up about tomorrows report, Its Lil' Miss Sofia Lee's 2nd birthday tomorrow and the report might not come out until Saturday or really late Friday night. But Im sure Ill be posting pictures to Instagram through out the party.

Thanks for stopping by, if you enjoy reading my blogs don't forget to subscribe it's all on the right sidebar at the very top, FacebookTwitterInstagramPinterest, and YouTube . Or you could follow by email :) by entering your email in the MadMimi entry box , emails are only delivered every 5 days. I do appreciate every single reader!

Jessie

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I love them :)